Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lately...

There is so much to catch up on! I haven't blogged much because I was frustrated with the program...thought it was messed up, but realized it was me!! (Classic!) So now that I can easily load pictures again, I will try to do a brief recap of the last few weeks...

Maggie and I met up with our lovely friend Amanda (aka Zuber) to do the Seattle Aquarium. I think Amanda and I had a bit more fun than Maggie - we made sure to touch all the squishy, slimy and crawly things in the different tanks and after an exhaustive search, found the seahorses I was so excited to see. Although I find it's overpriced, the aquarium was pretty cool - the divers were able to take questions from kids outside of the large tanks and we saw many interesting, strange, and some just-plain-ugly fish. Maggie LOVES Amanda...here they are in front of the jellyfish tank (didn't photograph well) and here is Maggie as an octopus.

We have WONDERFUL friends, and one family we love to spend time with is the Smits family. Gavin (Maggie's boyfriend) is a month older, but already crawling and is truly a 'man on the go'. Christina is from Prosser, and she invited us back to her dad's house last weekend to enjoy the sun, pool, and air conditioning! We had a wonderful time! Christina's dad has lots of orchards and grows many different amazing things - and also has wonderful wine! If you have a chance, pick it up. It's Olsen Estates and it is great!!!! On Sat. the Bunch clan was able to drive over from Richland and hang out for the day. It was so great to see them again. Here are just a few pics of the house/land/pool and of course, the dog. For some reason we have don't really have pics of us and the Smits', but we do have a few of Mark and Marjorie Bunch...and a TON of Rocky.

Maggie has been so funny. She had her first experience with cream cheese (a new food that she likes to share with Rocky) and has found that taking all her toys out of her toy box is a great way to start the day. I think I have blogged about this before, but I LOVE my shopping cart cover (BuggyBagg). More importantly, Maggie loves it. We have found the best way to stretch out the evening if she is cranky before it's time for dinner/bath/bed routine is to take her to the grocery store and cart her around in it. She thinks is the best! Yes, I love that it keeps her from touching anything germy, but the fact that it is padded and has toy clips on it with her toys makes it so fantastic to have. We use it everywhere. It works great on restaurant high chairs too...makes it so she fits nice and snug, and again - keeps her hands off the grime and germs. Here is a pic of her out shopping with me at BabiesRus- she thought it was funny to try on all the different hats. This one, although way too big, got the biggest laugh from her. You can see her striped cart cover behind her...
I know I am super biased, but isn't she the cutest thing ever???

No comments: