I am currently on day 11 of my 21 day trial with cloth diapers. I found a website that sends 12 of the best/top rated diapering systems and you get to try them out for $10. It's a great deal since many of the systems cost about $20 for one diaper...a big investment to take on, although it pays off in the end. Couldn't resist the opportunity - and man, am I happy I did it! The ones that many friends suggested to me (that I probably would have gone ahead and bought) didn't work as well for us. There are SO many kids on the market now and there are hundreds of websites devoted to the cloth diapering movement. How was I supposed to know if I wanted prefolds, pockets or all in ones? What brands? The task of picking which ones we'd go for seemed overwhelming, but I really wanted to give it a shot. They sent me 10 different brands to work with and various options between those top brands.Crazy to do right before having baby #2? Maybe, but it was something I had wanted to do with Mags since she was about 5 months old but didn't know where to start. Now, being 9+ months pregnant, I have to say that the poop/cloth diaper situation may not have been the best timing, but with this process I have realized that there are about 3 types so far that really seem to work for us. Maggie likes them, I find them easy-ish to use, and the big thing is that they fit in her clothes (some are SO bulky!). I have found that life is too short (for me, anyway) to deal with prefolds and covers. A few that I thought were cute (yes, I base things off of cute factor still...that's how I have always picked my wine too - by the label!) turned out to be too hard to wash/dry or leaked. We are going to give it a few more days to narrow it down and will send back the ones we don't want and will probably order a few more of the ones I like. I am not sure I can make the move to 100% cloth diapers now, but plan on getting a few more so we can use them on Maggie around the house. By the time Charlie is eating solids, Maggie will be potty trained and then I can transfer him to cloth. One thing at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment