Maggie is really into fish lately. She LOVES watching them in tanks at stores or restaurants and will make up little songs about fish to sing to herself as she plays. It's pretty cute. So, with 'fish' on the brain, I decided last Friday we needed to do an impromptu visit to the Seattle Aquarium. The day was grey and gross, and I couldn't bear the idea of it being stuck inside, so I threw our stuff in the car and off we went.
Maybe it's a bit of 'mommy guilt' right now - but I want every day with Maggie to be fun and exciting before the baby comes. It's hard to imagine splitting my time - it can (in my crazy, hormonal state) send me to tears thinking about it. I want her to still feel loved, supported, and special when Charlie comes. So, paying the ridiculous amount charged for parking and tickets at the aquarium for just a few hours seemed justified when I knew it was the last time I'd be able to take her there as just my only little baby. I know - I am a sucker! But, she LOVED it! We had a wonderful time there together. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been if Mark could have played hookie from work and joined us. Even in my giant pregnant state we had a wonderful time and she talked about the fish for days!
No comments:
Post a Comment