Having two kids has always been our plan (well, I had wanted three at one point, but since pregnancy and I do not mix so well, we are sticking with two!). It's amazing for us now to realize that we have what we have dreamed of - two healthy children. The last 13 days have been a bit of a blur, but we still know that (no matter how tired we may be) we are beyond blessed to have Maggie and Charlie. It's the beginning of a new adventure for us! Here's how it's been going (in a nut shell)
Maggie: Since Mark has had the month off for paternity, Maggie has gotten to spend a ton of time with Mark at parks and outside. Such a lucky girl! She is obsessed with swings and slides - I only wish our backyard was fenced and had a big play structure for her - hopefully by next summer!! She is talking up a storm and has just started using pronouns and short sentences. She amazes us each day by what she says. She is showing signs of '2' - something that scares me as I think of days with Mark and work and two kids on my own, but I know we'll get through somehow! She is warming up to Charlie - always likes to look at him and know where he is, but still isn't loving Momma holding him or nursing him. She's getting more used to it each day and I hope that in another week or so it'll just be how things are for us here.
Charlie: At his 11 day appointment with his pediatrician, Charlie weighed 8 lbs. 4.6 oz, so he is pretty much back to his birth weight. He is in the 50 - 75% for weight, height and head size. Charlie is now on reflux meds and we hope we caught it early enough to avoid the craziness we dealt with in the first few months with Maggie. He is a snuggle bug and of course we think he is the cutest little man ever!! He always wants to eat and is a very noisy boy (huge grunter...sounds like a goat!!). Charlie has two bumps on his head (his horns, we call them) from delivery - they are supposed to go away within the the next few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment