Friday, March 25, 2011

More bits from Feb

It snowed a ton at the beginning of Feb. Maggie was SO excited - she loves being outside and snow makes it even more amazing for her. On snow days Mark usually works from home, so that provides the opportunity for him to take her out to play at lunch time. We had 4+ inches in one night - made it a winter wonderland in our backyard. Charlie and I got out for a bit as well - although he wasn't as into the cold weather as Maggie was. You'd think those giant cheeks would help keep him warm, but what can I say? The boy just wasn't sold.



In trying to get Maggie to eat new things (she just started eating pasta about a week ago, and really never wanted anything to do with pizza- two things that most kids go nuts over) I realized that my little "I can do it" girl just needed a little bit of ownership in her food. Thus began Maggie's Pizza Night. Basically, it's just her making her own pizza. She LOVES to get on the chair at the island and put on her sauce, cheese and toppings. It's common for her to eat most of the olives before they ever get a chance to make it to the pizza, but eventually it all gets cooked. I then realized the only way I could get her to take of her pizza was to take a commemorative picture.

Just like at the pizza parlor, Maggie spent the time waiting for her pizza drawing.

No comments: