Monday, January 2, 2012

Princess


I fought the princess theme for so long with Maggie. When her cousins were watching Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Tinkerbell (ok, not that one isn't technically a princess, but very girly and sparkly all the same) Maggie was mad about Monsters Inc, Cars and Rio. But, I have found that no matter how much you fight it, princess seems to seep in. So, I changed my attitude. Why am I fighting something that she wants to try? If she wants to dress up in a princess costume after her chef outfit, who cares?(She usually ends up wearing them while playing with her cars and puzzles anyway). As for all the princess movies - she has the books. Partly because I can't just run out and buy DVD after DVD (or Blu-Ray) of every princess movie out there, but also because I would just rather her be looking at books than movies anyway. We do watch Princess and the Frog because I love the songs in it, and her new favorite movie is Gnomio and Juliet - so it's not like I am pretending there are no movies on here. But, you can't fight a girl's love for something sparkly and pretty. And why? She is such an adorable little princess, after all.

No comments: