One thing I have found that I really miss about teaching (and it came as a bit of a shock to me that I would miss it - with all the prep work it involves) are class fieldtrips. Maybe I miss seeing the class so excited to be out and about in the "world" together, sharing new experiences - or maybe it's getting a chance to share the teaching with the wonderful parents who come along. It could be that I, just like the kids, love parks, museums, zoos and aquariums. Whatever it is, I miss them. So - the kids and I have started our own fieldtrips on days we are able to get away (finding this challenging with my schedule, but trying to make it work!) Here is a bit of a 'rewind' view of the field trips we have taken.

Getting to ride a school bus to the Kelsey Creek Sheep Shearing event
Inspecting the sheep

Trip to the Cougar Mtn. Zoo with the McCarthy's. Maggie LOVED the statues.
Feeding the animals
Hayden wasn't too sure of Greg feeding the alpaca...
Leave it to Maggie to find a lion!
Riding a hippo
A trip to the Seattle Aquarium brought Mags face to face with a scuba diver. She was concerned that he might take a 'nemo' fish away in a net, like in the movie.
Neighbors Shannon and Brooke met up with us - the girls had a lot of fun watching the fish.

Watching the octopus getting fed - pretty cool to see so up close!
Brooke and Mags
Out of all the living things there, the large felt board was probably their favorite part of the outing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment