Sunday, June 3, 2012

Gene Pool

It's amazing to watch your babies grow and wonder what traits they will end up having from your genes. Will Maggie have short legs (and cankles) like me, have Mark's moles, will they like mushrooms despite both parent's disgust with the brown little fungus, will they cry easily like me or have Mark's sense of humor, or will they have better attention spans than Mark and I? These are the questions I think about when I wonder what traits - both physical and emotional - they will pick up from us.


One thing we have learned Charlie has gotten like his momma is his allergy to Penicillin. Poor buddy. After a few bouts of ear/eye infections he was put on antibiotics. Having never been on them before, I didn't think too much of it after the first round didn't work well and they decided to do round two. Apparently round two is when allergies can kick in, and man did they ever! Charlie suffered for a few weeks from hives, but the worst of it lasted 4-5 days. We now have a glimpse of what he might look like in his later years if he ever takes up sparring matches with Mike Tyson...

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I do NOT have cankles 😭