Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting into the Halloween Spirit

Maggie loves to dress up - we hope one day Charlie will as well. This year she was a pig (thanks to her cousin Kate for being so much taller she was able to wear her costume from last year). She looked adorable, if I do say so myself. Since she was wanting to wear her costume as much as possible, Mark and I decided to take the kids the the Mercer Island Preschool Halloween Fair a few days before Halloween. We had heard it was great for their age, but to get there early before it got crazy. So happy we did - it was a fun 40 minutes of activities like cake walk, different bean bag tosses, crafts and the always fun donut on a string game. Maggie LOVED it and a reporter from the Mercer Island Journal fell in love with her. The above picture ran in the paper the following week (and again in the end of Dec. as part of their year in review). Maggie seeing herself in the paper was priceless...she thought it was so funny. 



Wearing her batgirl mask at Grandma's before nap time

Pumpkin carving.Maggie just had to put our pumpkins (from our garden) behind the fake ones I have for decoration on the table so she could show just how huge our garden ones were. She was very proud.



Emptying out the pumpkins. She lasted a while...I think she helped with the first two pumpkins and then was over it. She was very clear in what she wanted her pumpkin to look like...
My version of a pumpkin Rapunzel

Again, because Charlie didn't embrace the dressing up idea, he compromised by wearing his Superman shirt to school on Halloween week. (And I should add that he now wants to wear it EVERY day to school...)


No comments: