I am not sure why I feel compelled to make the kids elaborate birthday cakes every year, but I do. At times I love it - at times I curse it. This year I made princess cakes - one large one for Maggie and adults to eat from...and 20 small individual cakes for her friends. It actually wasn't too hard - the little ones taking up the most time to individually create their different gowns. The large cake was only about 20 min to do - and all turned out great (and yummy).
 |
A saran wrapped Barbie (from a late night run to Bartels the night before the party) shoved in the layered dome cake, with the first crumb coat
|
 |
Finished princess - a strawberry (Maggie's request) princess cake
|
 |
| Step one of the individual princess cakes |
 |
| Final results of the princess cakes - aren't they cute?!? |
No comments:
Post a Comment